An Explanation

These posts are entries from my Moleskine Notebook, where my brain gets spilled a few times a day. I don't plan on posting every single entry, just things I feel like posting. These are uncensored, and very personal. There is a reason this blog is by invite only. Read at your own risk ;)

Monday, February 6, 2012

Summer Forever

2:05pm 02/06/12
I'm the kind of girl who avoids all things safe and sound.
I've been playing in traffic it seems for years now,
My bare feet rubbed raw against the hot black asphalt,
The sultry, sweet, Arkansas air sticks to my tongue as I laugh and dance through oncoming cars,
Making each lane my stage and you are my crowd to please.
Most of all I adore the summer showers,
They thunder and shout with rage at the dry earth,
They flood the ground, fill my eyes, & soak my skin--
My clothes cling to my tanned sides,
And it seems that it is then that I catch your eyes.
My dress is just another layer,
I become an instrument,
& you are my player.
I change my dance to your cadence,
& you make me yours as the night hastens,
Sparks fly between our lips like fireflies in the sky turning to dusk,
Our hearts beat in company with the chirping crickets around us,
Providing percussion to the summer symphony that has enveloped every part.of you & me.
& hands down,
You have been the first to truly ensnare me,
You make my heart flutter,
My eyes dart,
& my hands clutch to yours--
Because besides this familiar heat,
That grasp reminds me that I'm finally not dreaming.
I'm awake, alive, & in your arms.
I feel as if i can breathe easily,
Because for the first time in awhile,
I'm not letting go of the trust I've given with my smile.
I'm starting to believe that something real has finally come to me.
You make me forget my heart was ever broken.
You make it okay,
Because you see I love as fierce as the sun,
& it seems like you want to be my one.
The thought of you makes me forget to rhyme.
It's kind of cute.
I hope that you think.of me as your summer breeze,
Warm and inviting,
Never harsh and bitter,
But yours for however long you choose to enjoy it.
& if i could control the weather,
You'd be my summer forever.
-Samantha Weldon 2:24pm
Here's to what's to come

No comments:

Post a Comment