An Explanation

These posts are entries from my Moleskine Notebook, where my brain gets spilled a few times a day. I don't plan on posting every single entry, just things I feel like posting. These are uncensored, and very personal. There is a reason this blog is by invite only. Read at your own risk ;)

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Because I was watching Smoke.

Baby, you were just like my Swisher Sweets.
Take a drag to feel good--
then leave me lost in the streets,
with nothing but a forever-burning addiction between my fingertips.

Your sickening sweetness simply consumed me--
I could feel you burning in my lungs,
yet you cooled my blood,
& slowed my aching heart.
Your eyes were so loving,
and so misleading,
because You became my everything,
my every-day,
my only way,

Then You disappeared, Just like the smoke in the September air::
Beautifully detached,
wisping away with each exhale that escapes my lips,
eventually causing me to gasp for oxygen,
to break in to coughing fits to rid my body of your poison--
Your sweet, wine-flavored, cyanide kiss that tempts my lips when you catch me breathing too easily.

& though you're gone,
the memory remains like tar in my lungs;
You're on my mind,
there's smoke on my breath,
& all I've got now are a few ashes.

Your hat, t-shirt, a few words, & a defective dreamcatcher.

That's the thing with ashes though, hold them too close, & all you've got are dirty hands.

So I'll blow your mess off my bed,
I'll never forget the words you said,
I'll be careful not to crush any of your poison dust--
& You'll be swept away,
to never return.

& I'll keep my Swisher, Love.
You keep your feel-good-drag,
& 5 months later, I'll be just fine,
watching the air rid me of what once was mine.

1/13/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment